What better way to meet people who love the same kind of music while helping a community organization fulfill its goal of bringing quality performances to the Indian-music lovers of Austin?
Do you have a penchant for Indian Classical music and dance? Do you want to know how a concert is event managed and learn about the nuances of sound engineering? Are you willing to help us backstage and in other areas?
If you have said “Yes” to any of the above, you are the one we are looking for. ICMCA is actively looking for volunteers to help facilitate several aspects of delivering quality concerts. If you would like to give it a try off-stage, we would like to hear from you. ICMCA is always looking for energetic people to help out in ways big or small. Even if you can spare only a few hours a month and would like to help, just let us know, we would love for you to join our team.
Volunteering tasks include:
- Ushering at concerts, helping at ticket desk
- Sound crew: stage setup, sound checks, recording
- Public Relations/Publicity: Press releases, tv, radio, newspapers
- Publications – flyers, brochures
- Fund raising
- Website content development
- Hosting of artists
- Helping to drive the artists to and fro their host family’s house
- Community outreach
- Grant applications
- Helping plan the season
ICMCA volunteers get a lot of perks, including post-concert potluck dinners and opportunities to hobnob with the artists.
Other invaluable ways you can help:
- Donate frequent flyer miles
- Offer donations in kind: printing services, sound equipment rentals
- Help us make phone calls to our ever growing list of interested people
- Advertising on our website or in our program brochures
- If you are a CPA and can volunteer some of your time, please contact ICMCA!
If you’re new to Austin, what better way to meet like-minded people? There’s a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes – join in the fun!
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.